Dear Savanna House Family and Friends.
I wanted to extend my gratitude for your continued support and understanding of our community’s preventative measures relating to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Thanks to your help, we have done a great job so far!
Keeping our residents and staff safe is our top priority as we continue to manage this ever-changing situation while following the latest local, state and federal guidelines.
I would like to share information on some of the newest preventative steps we’ve taken since my last communication with you:
- We have in-serviced the staff on the facts about Covid-19 from the CDC
- We have increased the frequency in which we are disinfecting all work and community areas
- We continue to take temperatures of all employees reporting to work
- We are requiring all sick employees to stay home
- We continue to take resident temperatures twice a day
- We are developing progressive staffing plans to be prepared in the event there is an increase absenteeism due to the outbreak
- We have established window chats for residents and families in addition to offering facetiming
- We have re-in serviced all staff personnel on proper handwashing techniques
- We are offering compassionate visits for those who are on hospice
- We are offering activities in smaller groups at 6 feet apart
- We continue to limit visits to medical necessity only
Understanding that it remains very difficult to identify symptoms of the virus, we are establishing a best practice guideline of limited appointment outside of the community when possible to reduce the potential spread of the disease and to protect our residents and staff.
I will plan to keep you posted on the latest updates from Savanna House as we manage the coronavirus situation.