Hello Residents and Families of Savanna House,
I want to thank you for the overwhelming support and positive feedback you have shared since the beginning of the pandemic. Your positive reviews matter, and it has touched the hearts of our team members that strive each and every day to provide the highest level of car to you and your loved ones.
As you know, we have been successful in preventing COVID-19 in our community over the last eight months. This is an achievement that other senior living communities here in Gilbert and across the state and country would strive to match, and our success to date is due to your diligence in all matters relating to safety.
We know how stressful and unsettling this has been for our Savanna House families, and we greet the arrival of our reopening strategy with mixed emotions. We have undoubtedly missed you visiting us in person, and we look forward to introducing you to the newest members of our team. Taking the most extension precautions possible, we will soon begin our soft opening of visitations to Savanna House.
We are taking this step based on the newest Guidance for Visitation provided by the Arizona Department of Health Services. It is our hope that Maricopa County will soon reach the benchmark of minimal transmission of fewer than 10 cases per 100,000 individuals for two consecutive weeks, which is the requirement to allow us to open with minimal restrictions. Once Maricopa is in the green phase (minimal), indoor visitation will be permitted without a test. Currently, the dashboard on the Department of Health Services website is three weeks behind with COVID-19 statistics, so it is unclear exactly where we stand today. For now, we will be open to receiving visitors with a negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or antigen).
We kindly ask our families to take an abundance of precaution while visiting our community, and to adhere to the current guidelines understanding that these visits come with great risk. Indoor visits will be limited to one family member and for 15 minutes. Please note that visitors are not allowed to use our public restrooms, so please plan accordingly. Additionally, it is important that we maintain a very stringent schedule. If you arrive late, your visit will be cut short or rescheduled. To start, we ask that you visit once a week until we get a feel for the process and what we can manage effectively.
- Visitor will call 480-900-6815 to schedule an indoor visit.
- Visitor will present the facility a negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or antigen) less than 48 hours old (you must isolate from the time the test was performed and your visit).
- The visitor will sign a document confirming that they have isolated in the time between the sample was taken and their visit.
- The visitor will have their temperature taken and complete a symptom questionnaire at the kiosk.
- The facility requires mask-wearing by residents (when safe), visitors, and staff. Masks need to stay adequately covered over the nose and mouth.
- Visitors will be required to hand sanitize before the visit.
- Visitor will be directed to a dedicated visitation area.
- Visitor must maintain 6-feet of distance at all times from the resident they are visiting.
- We ask that you limit contact with surrounding surfaces as much as possible and stay in the designated area. At this time, you are not permitted to enter the resident’s room or community areas for any reason.
- Visits will be limited to 15 minutes to accommodate other visitors and sanitation protocols.
- You must agree to abide by all guidelines established by Savanna House in accordance with the Department of Health Services.
- Staff will monitor the visits. If the above guidelines are not followed, we will not be able to permit the visit. If the visit has already started, and we observe you not following the guidelines, we will end the visit.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization will be performed after each visit by a member of our team.
Hours for Indoor Visitation for Assisted Living (two per hour allowed in two dedicated spaces):
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Due to limited staff on Saturdays we will be limiting visits to one indoor and one outdoor.)
Hours for Indoor Visitation for Memory Care (two per hour allowed in one dedicated space)
Sunday from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
**** Please note that we have expanded the outdoor visits to include the Courtyard, allowing us to be able to accommodate more visits. You are NOT required to have a COVID-19 test to visit in the Courtyard. You are only required to sign in at the Kiosk that you are symptom free, take your temperature, wear a mask, hand sanitize and maintain 6-feet social distance. ****
Thank you again for helping us to maintain a COVID-10-free environment at Savanna House. It is our goal to maintain this exemplary status as we begin our first phase of initial visitations. We will strive to offer the safest environment for our residents, families and staff to maintain the trust you have placed in us.
Dawn M. Grant-Blocker